What We Value:
- Rejoicing – in who God is and all God is doing in us through Christ
- Reflecting – God’s character, love, and heart in how we live and serve.
- Relating – where friendships keep us encouraged & accountable
- Reconciling – helping people find new life in Christ and enabling their growth in Christ-likeness.
- Resourcing – people to use their talents & abilities in meaningful ministry.
- Reproducing – joining God in birthing new Christians and new churches locally and globally.
- Restoring – God’s kingdom through compassionate care of others.
Tacoma First Nazarene Church is a Different Church where People Matter most; you’ll find Relevant Bible Teaching; you’ll Experience God in our services and ministries; and you’ll find Growing Christians who are Seeking God in their everyday lives; living a Servant Spirit to those who cross our daily paths.
- Different – Different from other churches because of the life and vitality seen in the lives being changed.
- People Matter – Every person who comes through our doors experiences the friendship and acceptance of Christ such that they know they matter to God.
- Relevant Bible Teaching – In every class and service, we hear and see Biblical truth taught in a manner which connects with their life and helps them live God’s life better.
- Experience God – We expect God to show up and change lives each time we gather together.
- Seeking God – We are people who seek God through the spiritual disciplines, prayer, and serving of others.
- Growing Christians – We are growing together in the forgiveness and holiness of God becoming more like Jesus in our attitudes, words, and lifestyle each day, encouraging each other along the way.
- Servant Spirit – We selflessly serve each other in the specific ministries of our church and in the midst of the struggles of life.
What We Believe:
- We Believe in one God – the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- That man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- That the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- That the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- That believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- That our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.